Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Making Whoopies!

It has been a while since I've baked anything, so I was very excited to finally have a day off of work to get baking. I had a few different ideas for what I wanted to make, but finally decided on whoopie pies.
Whoopie pies, for those of you who don't know, have two large, fluffy, cakey-cookie like patties filled with cream. The traditional version consists of chocolate cookies with vanilla cream. I wanted to do something a little different though, so I decided to try to make strawberry whoopie pies with strawberry cream.

They were pretty easy to make, although I had to modify the recipe that I used, because the batter was REALLY thick.

I wanted to make mine pink, but got a little carried away with the red food coloring and they turned out very pink! Here is a picture of the cookie parts:

The cake part came out fluffy and delicious, with bits of cooked strawberries, and the cream tastes similar to gooey strawberry peeps with strawberry chunks. The only problem that I had was that, once again, the cream was a little melty due to the heat and humidity. All in all, I think they turned out to be very yummy, but they are too big to eat all at once!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment