Sunday, August 1, 2010

Three Desserts and One Desire

Wow, it's been a long time since I blogged! Here are three "desserts" that I've made recently, as well as one dessert desire that I have!

THREE DESSERTS:
1. Meatloaf Cupcakes:
Well, this first thing isn't really a dessert. After posting about the meatloaf cupcakes, it was requested that I actually try making some. Well, I don't eat meat, so the idea of handling raw beef really grossed me out. However, I managed to power through it and make Bakerella's meatloaf cupcakes.
I don't know how they tasted, but they smelled delicious! They are meatloaf cupcakes with a tomato glaze and a mashed potato piped topping.

2. Strawberry Cookies:

I was looking for something sweet and didn't really have any ingredients, so I decided to make one of my favorite desserts: strawberry sugar cookies. I used a basic sugar cookie recipe and butter cream frosting and added a bunch of frozen strawberries. The humidity messed with me again, causing my frosting to be a little more whipped than I wanted, but they still came out delicious!

3. Blue Red Velvet Cake Balls


I had to make something for work, so I decided to do cake balls. I wanted to do red velvet, but I only had blue chocolate melts. This is what I ended up with!

ONE DESIRE:
4. Cotton Candy Vodka Cupcakes:
(Image courtesy of winecommune.com)
My sister recently told me about cotton candy flavored vodka. Well, my first thought was obviously that I needed to make cotton candy cupcakes! I don't have the ingredients right now, but hopefully you will be seeing some cotton candy cupcakes coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment