Saturday, June 26, 2010

5 Things I Want to Try

Here are five techniques that I really want to try:

1. Luster dust/ glitter

(Taken from CupcakeDD's flickr)
-Apparently, it is possible to use glitter on cupcakes and have it be edible. I am really looking for a reason to test this out, because I can think of few things better than sparkly cupcakes!

2. Edible Ink

(Courtesy of Bakerella)
-Another thing that I can't believe is edible: ink. I love cupcakes that have images printed on them, but I am pretty sure they require a different ink, and probably a different printer altogether. However, this technique allows just about any image to be transferred to cupcakes and cookies!

3. Fondant

(Courtesy of pinkcakebox.com)
-If you've ever seen figures on cupcakes, chances are they were made with gum paste or fondant. I really want to master this technique, but fondant is pretty hard to produce and very expensive to purchase. Fondant is becoming more and more popular in the world of cupcakes and cakes alike.

4. Pie Pops

(Courtesy of scoochamaroo's blog)
-These aren't related to cupcakes, but I have to try them. I love miniature things, and these adorable mini-pies look delicious!

5. Cake Pops


-Okay, I have tried cake pops before, and have come out with relative success, but my cake pops don't come anywhere close to these beauties! I refuse to let these cake pops beat me, and will continue to work on perfecting the technique. Bakerella (the maker of these cake pops) is the queen of cake pops. These Mr. Potato Head cake pops, celebrating Toy Story 3, are amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Ummm.... How about there is NOTHING better than glitter cupcakes. This would make all of my wildest dreams come true! Plus, you owe me for graduating from grad school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleeeeease make pool ball cupcakes!!

    ReplyDelete