Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Happiest Cupcakes Ever!

In an attempt to cheer up a friend, I wanted to create "the happiest cupcakes ever." I knew that that should involve bright colors, lots of frosting, and sprinkles. That's when I decided-- rainbow cupcakes! I have never before made rainbow cupcakes but have always wanted to try. Well, I needed a white batter, so that limited the type of cupcakes I could make, so to make them a little more interesting, I made a thick almond flavored buttercream frosting. I think they ended up living up to their name!
Here I layered the batter to create the rainbow effect.


The finished product (before decorating).

Some of the decorated ones (from top to bottom): whale and sailboat in ocean, mythical creatures, girly


And now, to see the rainbow!




Enjoy!

1 comment: