Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Elmo/ Cookie Monster Cupcakes


For my first REAL job in baking, I was asked to do Elmo and Cookie Monster cupcakes for a second birthday. I ended up doing three dozen (half elmo/ half cookie monster, half chocolate with vanilla frosting/ half strawberry with strawberry frosting).


I think they ended up turning out pretty well. However, I had some definite trouble along the way! I also decided to try to mimic Bakerella's Elmo cake pops (my first attempt at cake pops), so I enlisted the help of two of my friends. They ended up looking relatively like Elmo...

..but there were a few casualties...

To make the cake pops, you need:
-1 recipe cake pops (from bakerella.com)
-black icing for mouth
-gum paste for eyes and nose
-edible ink markers

To make cupcakes, you will need:
-Cupcakes (I used strawberry and chocolate cupcakes with vanilla and strawberry frosting)
-Various piping tips to make frosting texture
-Oreos (cookies for mouth, creme for eyes)
-black icing
-circus peanuts

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment