Friday, July 9, 2010

CONGRATULATIONS WHITNEY!!

My older sister just graduated from grad school and got her first real job, so I wanted to surprise her with some baked goods. She had been requesting something for a while, but I didn't bake it because it is such an odd combination. Well, I have finally given in and made her what she requested...

...carrot cake cupcakes with purple sparkly frosting.

I made a rich carrot cake filled with pineapple, carrot, coconut, and raisins.

Here they are coming out of the oven:
I made what turned out be a whipped cream cheese frosting and added the purple food coloring. I had the worst time piping them (my bags kept popping, resulting in purple frosting explosions all over!) but I finished and covered them in a dusting of lilac luster dust and purple edible glitter. I topped them off with edible pearls. Here are some pictures of the finished product!




Congratulations Whitney!!! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! They were amazing! I gave one to my friend Maegan tonight and she loved the purple, glittery frosting. Guess it goes to show that I will never grow up!

    ReplyDelete