Sunday, July 11, 2010

Did you say MEAT cupcakes?

So I was messing around on the computer and found these adorable cupcakes on cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com, one of my favorite cupcake blogs.

They were made originally by Mishella (via Epicute) and look just like the traditional cookout foods that we all enjoy! However, these cookout cupcakes come without real meat. Seeing these made me wonder what other kinds of meaty cupcakes are out there. I typed "meat cupcakes" into google images, and came out with a bunch of images that had no visible meat.
...
I found a few of the popular hamburger shaped cupcakes, and a set of brain cupcakes (I worry about the person who classifies human brains as meat). The rest of the cupcakes appeared to be normal cupcakes. That's when I came across these beauties, from wrightcreatively.com..

I did a little research and found that these deceiving cupcakes are actually MEATLOAF cupcakes topped with mashed potatoes! MEAT CUPCAKES?!?

However, the more I look at these cupcakes, the more I start to wonder what other foods I could make into cupcakes... pizza? tacos? Hmm... there's potential there.

What do you think? Meat cupcakes... take them or leave them?

4 comments:

  1. i'm kinda weirded out with the whole meat loaf that looks like a cupcake with mashed potatoes for "frosting"...meat loaf cupcakes might be too weird for me...but taco cupcakes could be fun! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The meatloaf cupcakes freak me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha joslyn I would have thought you would be first in line for desserts made out of meat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want those meatloaf cupcakes...

    ReplyDelete