Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mango Coconut Key Lime Pie! And Challah!

My mom and I recently bought 12 limes because they were on sale for $1. Well, the best way to use up a bunch of limes is really to make a key lime pie. I have made many key lime pies before, and wanted to mix this one up, so I decided to incorporate mango and coconut flavors.

Here is my key lime pie, topped with mango compote, coconut meringue, and toasted coconut:

Here is a close-up a piece:


Also this week, we decided to try to make challah, which is a traditional Jewish bread that is sweet. We made our challah with dates to make it really sweet. Here's a picture!

1 comment:

  1. that mango coconut key lime pie looks delicious!! haha but i bet katie wouldnt eat it because of the coconut :)...i cant wait until we can move into the apartment!! we definitely have to go shopping for stuff beforehand :)

    ReplyDelete